Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday mountain bike ride

One of the many great things about living in Felton is that I am so close to epic mountain bike trails. This really sunk home a few weekends ago when I drove for an hour and half, round trip, to ride Ft. Ord. I don't regret the ride, but it reminded me that I've got is so good at home!

So on Saturday morning, under the cover of rain clouds and fog, I rode down Hwy 9 towards the Rincon parking lot. Normally, I'm riding down Hwy 9 at 6am on my commuting bike, going to work. Riding a different bike, my single-speed 29'er, made it feel new.

After a 30 minute spin on asphalt, about 4 miles, I reached the trailhead and started the long, steep climb to the top of UCSC (see the profile below at mile 4). I played around on the intricate trail system for about an hour and a half - mostly just re-riding a short loop section, working on some technical skills. I also mapped a lot of trailheads on my GPS so I could find them later.


No comments:

Post a Comment