Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Monday, October 19, 2009

f-you, Weather Channel!

As I was riding to work this morning (in complete darkness the entire time - oh, the seasons are changing quickly!), I enjoyed how dry the roads were. Next I thought that it would do me good to start getting tuned into the weather so I don't get caught without wet weather gear one day soon. Well, that day has come. It's today, and I'm caught at work without wet weather gear.
The rain started around 8am, and still hasn't let up 3 hours later. My plans to go to the gym (my normal lunch routine) are foiled for now.

Out of curiosity, I checked Weather.com and they blew it on their forecast, so it wouldn't have helped me even if I had checked it before leaving home.


So now the search begins...How to get accurate weather data? We don't have television at home, so finding a reliable, local Internet source is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment