Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Round Two has started!

After a four week break, I'm nearly a month into days Round Two of Commute for a Cause.

Round Two will last for four months, and all the money that I raise is being donated to LIVESTRONG foundation. LIVESTRONG is a cancer research and support foundation, popularized by bicyclist (and Texan) Lance Armstrong.

The funds that I raise will be donated under Greg A's name, in honor of Greg beating cancer and in memory of his sister Vicki who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago.

Greg is my father-in-law-to-be, and the idea for donating Round Two to him came to me around the holidays. Adria's family draws names for their holiday gift exchange and I drew Greg's name. This year, instead of buying a gift, the family agreed to make a donation to a charity in that person's name.

LIVESTRONG seemed like a perfect fit, considering that since his sister passed away two years ago, Greg hasn't removed the bright yellow LIVESTRONG bracelet from his right wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment