Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010

green

It's been raining non-stop in Santa Cruz since Monday.
A parade of storms has been rolling by, dropping the temperatures and dumping lots of much needed rain.

I heard about the first storm and was excited to ride to work in it the following morning, on Monday. I rode Monday and Tuesday, through the first storm, and had stay off the bike Wednesday through Friday for two reasons: first, it really wasn't safe to be riding a bike down Hwy 9 in the dark when the stronger storms hit (heavy winds were downing big trees left and right, and since I ride through a forest for much of my commute, I figured that riding wasn't safe); second, I got sick. Maybe from riding in the cold and rain on Monday and Tuesday, I don't know. I've just been very low-energy with itchy eyes, cough, and sore throat since Tuesday night.

Taking three days off the bike did me some good, so I got on this morning and rode about 30 miles. Everything is so lush and green after the rains - beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment