Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Monday, September 28, 2009

two things that energize me for my afternoon commute

Yerba mate and a surprise phone call from Adria!

I was sipping my yerba mate at work...
...like I do most days at three o'clock, and was thinking about which route I want to take home. I decided to take the longer, steeper way home - up Glen Canyon. If I connect my morning commute, through the redwoods along Hwy 9, with this afternoon route, it makes for a nice loop. I'll run the GPS and try to stitch the two runs together and post it when I get home.

And Adria just surprise-called me. She's on a five-day Yosemite backpacking trip and wasn't supposed to come out until tomorrow, but weather pushed them out a day early. Good news for me!! So now I'm extra excited to get home.

I may still be able to do the night ride on the trails that I've been thinking about for tonight - we'll see.

Looks like I'll do about 25 miles today, without the trail ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment