Round Two of Commute for a Cause runs from January 1 to April 30, 2010

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's OK to go slowly some days



Tuesday's commute to and from work was the same route as Monday's.

But coming home was interesting because there were very heavy winds, which is very unusual.

I was also very, very tired - I think I didn't eat enough during the day. I stopped somewhere on Glen Canyon to eat some emergency trail mix I keep stashed in my panniers. Funny that yesterday I wrote about how I need to keep my energy level up during the day in order to "save something" in order to get myself home, and that I didn't do that yesterday. Normally I push myself really hard to get home quickly, but yesterday I just settled in and took it really slowly. I knew that with the combination of being tired and fighting the wind that there was no point in pushing myself.

I didn't look to see how long it took me to get home by going slowly, but I reckon that it wasn't more than just a few minutes longer than normal. Note to self. It's OK to go slowly some days.


No comments:

Post a Comment